• :

Ward twins take their game to the next level

Both Julia and Lydia selected for the U18 Select Team
Lydia and Julia Ward have been best friends since birth and started their lacrosse journey together.
The twins picked up the lacrosse stick and ball at the age of four. They played together on their club team Sky Walkers for eight years.
              Their coaches, siblings, and parents have also played major roles in their lacrosse careers.
Lydia said, “Our parents and siblings supported us at every game, drive us everywhere, and are always there for us.”
Being able to wear the red, white, and blue is very surreal.
Julia said, “It’s been a dream of mine to rep the red, white, and blue.”
Playing for the U18 USA Women’s Lacrosse team is not an easy accomplishment. In August, nearly 150 players signed up to try out for the U18 Select Team. Only 44 were selected. Among those selected were Julia and Lydia.
The twins are currently committed to The University of Maryland College Park. They announced their commitment in September of last year.
Julia said, “I chose Maryland because of the atmosphere, the culture, and  the coaches. Everything about Maryland is amazing.”
Lydia mentioned that she chose Maryland because of the culture, the coaches, and players.
They both took advantage of the fact that if they went to Maryland, they would play together on the same team again. JC has also been a major part of their lacrosse journey.
Lydia said, “Playing for JC is really exciting. We play in the second best conference — if not the best conference — in the country.”
They both mentioned that they love the coaching staff, and the level of play is so motivating.
JC’s head lacrosse coach Laura Seifert said, “Lydia and Julia are gifted lacrosse players and more importantly even better teammates. Their grit and hard work sets them apart and have contributed to their success on and off the field.”
Coach Laura also mentions that she is excited to see them play for Team USA in the fall.