• :

Baltimore Ravens begin season strongly

The Baltimore Ravens finished the 2022 season with a 10-7 record. They were 5-3 at home and 5-4 on the road. Their final game was a loss in the Wild Card Round to the Cincinnati Bengals, with a final score of 27-16.
              This past April the Ravens star quarterback signed a contract extension for five years for $260 million with a $185 million guarantee. According to ESPN, Jackson was negotiating with the Ravens for over 27 months before reaching an agreement. They also said that during that time, Jackson represented himself and didn’t have an agent.
              Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins was there all in the backfield. During the 2021 season, Dobbins tore his ACL, LCL, meniscus, and hamstring in a preseason game. He underwent surgery in the winter. He returned to practice in August 2022. In week one of this season, Dobbins tore his Achilles in the game against the Houston Texans. It’s confirmed that he will miss the rest of the 2023 season.
              The Ravens are showing mixed signs in their game-play in the preseason as to whether they are Super Bowl contenders or not. Previously the Ravens had a 23-game preseason win streak that dated back to 2016.
This preseason they started with a win against the Philadelphia Eagles but lost their first preseason game to the Washington Commanders 29-28 since 2016.
              As of right now, the Ravens are 6-2 in the regular season with one overtime loss to the Indianapolis Colts, 22-19. However, with early wins against the Houston Texans, the Cincinnati Bengals, and the Cleveland Browns, they are currently leading the AFC North Conference.