• :

Julia & Lydia Ward continue the patriotic dream

A few weekends ago, the Ward twins played in the Brogden Cup at the US Lacrosse Headquarters.
They played four games vs Ontario and four vs. Haudenosaunee. Their team was very successful, and they ended up winning the cup in the end.
              The Brogden Cup is a competition between the USA Select U18 girls teams against the teams from Ontario and the Haudenosaunee Nationals. According to the USA Lacrosse Magazine, the Brogden Cup originally pitted post-collegiate club players from the United States against Canadian players.
              Julia and Lydia both said that the tournament was competitive all weekend. Julia said, “We were playing against the best players of Team Ontario and Team Haudenosaunee. Our US team was extremely skilled.”
              Lydia experienced a shin injury recently. Her injury made her unable to play in the Brogden Cup. She said that not being able to play the sport she loves has been the most challenging part of her lacrosse career right now.
              While at the Brogden Cup, their team enjoyed team dinners together, and they also attended some of the U20 games that were going on as well. Julia and Lydia were the only sister pair on the team.
              The twins said that the best part about the whole experience is winning the Brogden Cup.
Both girls are committed to playing D1 lacrosse at the University of Maryland. Four other girls on their USA team are also committed to playing lacrosse at Maryland.
             Lydia said, “I will always remember the people who I met and the coaches I met as well. Most of all, I will remember being able to play with my sister.”
Julia said that she will remember how tough the tryout to get there was and how being out on the field this weekend made her feel extremely accomplished.