• :

Girls basketball introduces Head Coach Jim Stromberg

As the new girls basketball season has begun, they have welcomed new head coach Jim Stromberg. This year will be his 36th year coaching in high school.
He has spent many years going back and forth between girls basketball and boys basketball. Coach Stromberg has spent the last 23 years at Saint Paul School for Girls, and he recently came from Severn.
Coach Stromberg has spent most of his years at private schools. He was formerly a Catholic school teacher while also coaching basketball. During his years of coaching when playing John Carroll, he gained an appreciation for JC. He loved the idea of what JC stood for and the respect that the girls carry.
Coach Stromberg said, “I have gained many positive lessons from each experience with many different coaches. I believe if every player on your team can give their very best effort every day, practice and game, there will be some level of success at the end of the season. In addition, if a team improves their skills, are supportive of all their teammates and coaches each day regardless of their game-playing status, I hope we can recognize each other’s contributions at the end of a season.”
The knowledge that Coach Stromberg has to bring to JC is unlimited. While he gives the girls the knowledge that he has gained over the years, he will also be able to learn from the girls. Coach Stromberg has a lot to bring to the JC girls basketball program.
Coach Stromberg said, “I hope that this team has an experience that allows them to play for each of their teammates in a most positive way. At this point in time, the coaching staff is concentrating on basic basketball skill development and for each player to use their voices to build their teammates’ confidence during team activities.”
Coach Stromberg has high hopes for the girls this season and hopes to make the girls’ basketball team the best team he has ever coached.
He is not only focused on winning games, but he wants the girls to have the best team chemistry at JC.