• :

Junior cross country runner Evan DeVoe named Athlete of the Year

After the boys cross country team’s win at the MIAA championships, junior Evan DeVoe was named the MIAA B Conference Athlete of the Year for cross country.
Evan earned this title by consistently placing well throughout the in-season league meets and then exceeding at the championship.
The winner of the title was decided through a voting process. The head coach from each team got to vote for one athlete in the league.
Evan is a three-sport athlete, competing in cross country in the fall, indoor track and field in the winter, and track and field in the spring.
“This title means a lot to me because it reflects the hard work and dedication I have invested into running over the last few years,” said Evan.
Going into his junior year season, this was not a long-term goal Evan had in mind.
He commented, “Honestly, I was completely unaware of this honor going into the season. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that it exists.”
What has contributed to Evan’s overall success has been his passion for the sports he partakes in.
Evan said, “A love of running is what has ultimately led to my success in this sport. Without the great passion I have for running, I would not have gotten anywhere in cross country.”