• :

Kerins flies into a new cheer season

Athlete Profile
Kerins flies into a new cheer season

Senior Alaina Kerins officially entered her last cheerleading season as a main flyer and back spot for on the cheerleading team.
Alaina first caught interest in the sport at age five and has loved it ever since. First, dancing for 10 years and performing on stage, she soon fell in love with the idea of cheering and its competitors.
However, due to complications, she was limited to one year in elementary school, but “when I had the opportunity in middle and high school, I joined instantly.”
Alaina added, “My most favorite part about performing is the feeling of adrenaline I feel every time I am in front of a wide group of people and my love to smile and interact with a crowd.”
Head Coach Shaunna Rivera said, “Alaina leads with grace and compassion. She is thoughtful and kind towards her teammates and shows great discipline and exemplary work ethic.”
“This season has been one of my best ones. Having a semi-solidified program is something I have not ever been accustomed to…being comfortable in my program and being close with my coach has shaped this season for the better,” Alaina explained.
Coach Rivera commented, “Alaina has been an integral part of our program as she is the longest-standing member of the program, having cheered all four years of her high school career.”
She added, “Her experience and leadership have been crucial to the team’s success.”
Although this will be Alaina’s last cheer season at JC, she said, “Competing with a loving team and the feeling of competing with other great teams and coming out on top are somethings I will never forget, especially celebrating with some of my most favorite people surrounding me.”
“I am so proud of [the girls]. They are all strong and give our program so much potential,” she added.
Moving forward, Alaina hopes to incorporate cheer in her future, whether it be in college or coaching at JC.
She plans to major in biomedical sciences and minor in visual arts at Towson University.