• :

JC students take a skiing trip to Seven Springs

John Carroll has many clubs that students get involved with each year. One of those clubs is the Ski Club run by Director of Admissions Edward Maynard.
This year they traveled to Seven Springs for a weekend trip. After leaving during the school day on Friday, February 5, the group returned late Sunday evening on February 7.
These trips have been going on for 13 years with the exception of stopping for two years due to COVID.  Before going to Seven Springs, they used to go to Camelback Resort in Pennsylvania.
This year the trip earlier had been rescheduled due to weather. This turned out well for some students who couldn’t go before and were able to attend in the end.
There were a total of 42 students on the trip with four adult chaperones, including Mr. Maynard, Dean of Student Services Larry Hensley, and former faculty member Tess Gauthier.
Students were able to have a little freedom while on the trip. They shared a room with four people and had nightly checks at 11 p.m. Girls and boys were separated on different floors.
The weather conditions for the trip were good and sunny and in the 40s each day which made for excellent daytime conditions.
Seven Springs has so much to offer with in addition to the slopes.
Sophomore Addison Weaver said, “My favorite part of the trip was being able to go skiing with my friends and fellow classmates.”
Junior Tyler Rote also agreed with that.
Mr. Maynard said, “This year’s group of students were very well-behaved and has made me look forward to this trip again next year.”