• :

Kaminski first to take on equestrian regionals

Sophomore Emma Kaminski rides on the equestrian team for John Carroll. In the 23-24 season, she was the first to qualify for regional finals.
Emma has been riding for nine years, and when it came to selecting a high school, JC’s team was one of the main reasons for her choice. Since joining the team, she said that she has been encouraged to “work harder and push myself to be the best version of myself as I can be.”
Emma is a very hard-working rider. Managing a sport, practice and school can be a challenge. Since joining the team, she has been practicing more than she previously did.
“Practice and competing has given me a lot less time to do work. To help manage this, I try to get a lot of my work done in class or in my off mod,” she said.
Her goal each year is to “see the team grow and to see progress while continuing to support each other through their highs and lows.”
“My personal goal is to advance as far as possible through regionals, zones, and possibly nationals,” she added.
Emma was very excited for regionals and was very confident in doing well. She hoped to have fun and stay safe while competing.
She said she plans on continuing to work with horses in the future, both riding and a potential career.
“I would like to find a college that best suits me to continue riding in college and pursuing a career in the riding industry may very well be in my future.”