• :

Westervelt reflects on lacrosse’s influence

Senior Anna Westervelt is a starting defender on the John Carroll girls’ lacrosse team.
Anna started playing lacrosse when she was seven-years-old because her other friends were playing it, and she thought it looked fun.
Anna talked about her biggest inspiration growing up. “My mom and dad are my biggest inspirations because I notice how hard they work, and I want to be like them.”
As the season began, Anna was so excited for her senior season because the team has gotten a lot better and is just having a lot of fun.
With Anna entering her senior year, high expectations are set. Anna said, “My expectations for this season are that we are going to have a fun season with lots of accomplishments from seeing the improvement and hard work in practices so far.”
In the off-season, Anna said she “went to my trainer five days a week where I lift, condition, and do footwork. I also do wall ball to keep my stick skills up.”
Outside of lacrosse, Anna plays tennis in the fall and likes to spend time with her family in friends.
She would tell her younger self “to not be so stressed, and just have fun playing.”
Anna is going to be playing lacrosse in college at Old Dominion University next year.
Goalie Julia Ward has played lacrosse with Anna since their sophomore year.
Julia commented, “She has inspired me with her heart and drive to be a great player. She is such a hard worker and has great knowledge of the game.”