• :

Senior Profile: Julia Earnshaw

She was voted the most dedicated layout staff member of she enjoys reading, and doesn’t mind taking time to go boating and do a little fishing. This person is no other than the cheerful Layout Editor herself, Julia Earnshaw.

Earnshaw is beginning her college journey at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Earnshaw was accepted into the College of Arts and Sciences where she plans on studying English.

Even though it’s not that far of a trip, there is no doubt that Earnshaw will miss some things about good old Harford County.

“I’m going to miss all the familiar faces! As of right now I don’t know anyone going to Drexel, so it’s going to be like a whole new world to me. I’m also going to miss my mom’s cooking, my pets, and my bed,” Earnshaw said.

In the end, Earnshaw is overall excited to start college. “I’m looking forward to being in the city and the fact that I am going to be able to walk everywhere. I am also looking forward to meeting new people, it’s so exciting,” Earnshaw said.

Earnshaw feels that her experience on the paper was one of a kind.

“At first, taking journalism was just a class to me. But, as I got more into it, I realized it was like a small family. There were small fights that usually ended in laughter, Easter egg hunts, and pranks played on one another. I got to know so many people that I probably would have never gotten to know if I hadn’t been on the paper,” Earnshaw said.

Earnshaw has some good memories, embarrassing moments, and funny moments.

“My favorite memory was probably doing the slip ‘n slide this year with the seniors. My funniest memory would be when me and two other friends did a prank with Mr. Ireton for fun on another one of our friends pretending to get her in trouble. She freaked out, it was great. And my most embarrassing would be junior year powder-puff game, throwing the ball the wrong way.”

Imani Love is a Sports Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.