• :

Students celebrate with classic and new Spirit Week themes

This year’s Spirit Week kept some classic themes while introducing some new ones.  Beginning on September 25 and ending on September 29, students could dress down according to the daily theme.
Monday began the week as students dressed in their class colors: freshmen in white, sophomores in red, juniors in blue, and seniors in green. The theme paired well with the day’s activity of the Powderpuff game.
Senior Kinley Boyle said class color was her favorite day. To prepare for this day, Kinley bought her items on Amazon and went to Party City for accessories.
Tuesday’s theme was “Country vs Country Club.” Students who chose country were seen dressed in overalls, flannels, and cowboy hats and boots. Students who selected country club showed up in tennis skirts, polo shirts and khakis.
On Wednesday, Patriots celebrated “Holiday Day,” a new theme this year. Seniors were Fourth of July while juniors were Christmas; sophomores were New Year’s Day, and freshmen were Valentine’s Day.
Junior Emmie King said Holiday Day was her favorite. “It seemed like everyone liked it the most and dressed up a lot for it.”
Thursday brought back Age Day as each grade level dressed as a time period of life beginning with freshmen as babies and ending with seniors as senior citizens.
Junior Gianna DeBrigida said, “I wore my dad’s suit, my uncle’s tie and hat and put Sharpie on my face for a mustache.”
The week ended with “Black and Gold Day.” Some students dressed in gold or black leggings, sweatpants, and shirts with lots of gold accessories to show their school spirit at both the day’s pep rally and football game.