• :

Juniors participate in JC tradition

Ring Ceremony & Mass
The time had come for the members of the Class of 2025 to receive their class rings just as many Patriots before them.
This year, the Class of 2025 received their rings on Thursday, March 14 during a Mass and ceremony. The procession began at 6:30 p.m.
The Mass was celebrated by Father John Rapisarda ‘95 along with Deacon Brian Olsen ‘90, and Deacon Ken Goedeke.
Juniors of Music Ministry, under the direction of Director of Performing Arts Julie Parrish, led the juniors and their guests in songs and responses.
After Mass, Assistant Principal and JC Alumnus Jake Hollin shared the Story of the John Carroll Ring.
Class Moderators Nathan Nocket and Shannon Olsen then read the names of each junior as they received their rings from Mr. Hollin and Assistant Principal Danica Attanasio.
Junior Maddie Yaich said, “All my sisters came to John Carroll, and they have their rings. This was a big step for me to follow in their footsteps and be a part of this tradition. I really loved how they made this a big thing, and they made this a special day for a lot of families.”
Once everyone in the Class of 2025 received their rings they were allowed to open the boxes. Ms. Olsen and Mr. Nocket informed the juniors that it is tradition to get 64 people to turn the ring clockwise as 1964 was the year JC opened.
After the Mass and ceremony, the class was able to go into the cafeteria for a reception. Several also went into the courtyard where they took pictures with their families and friends.
Junior Dominic Barbato said, “This was a really fun event to have. I feel like it was special for my family and me to experience. I really liked how I was with my friends after, and I could experience this with them as well.”