Want a life fix? Get the 6

October 2, 2014

On a typical day, one may find me logging onto my phone and then locking it, just to log back in again. All it takes is one glancing swipe of my thumbprint, and pop! I’m in. I believe it’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.

Before the iPhone 6, I came from the Land of iPhone 4.  The difference between the two phones is astounding. I can’t help but sound like I’m advertising the iPhone 6, but I have to say my spiel: the phone is sleek, thin, and, my personal favorite, way faster.  Plus, the camera is awesome. I’m so glad that I was due for an upgrade when the iPhone 6 arrived.

Listed below are some aspects of the iPhone 6:

Camera

The quality of the camera is absolutely astounding.  It’s as if I just got glasses–everything is brighter and clearer. I’ve also managed to fiddle with the fast-paced video and slow motion video, which are cool beyond comprehension. Who needs a Go Pro when you have the iPhone 6?

Speed

The entire iPhone 6 is fast. I click an app, and it immediately pops up without freezing, unlike my previous iPhone 4. It was a shock when I first used the new phone.

The only time the iPhone 6 occasionally has a lapse is when I attempt to bring up the app called “Snapchat,” although it is my belief that that is caused by “Snapchat” itself. Overall, I have no complaints regarding this area.

Durability

No, no phone is 100 percent protected from all bangs and bumps. The iPhone 6 is no exception, though is still commendable in its durability. I even tested its strength by dropping it without a case on blacktop. Besides a couple expected scratches and marks, the phone turned out fine. We can just say that I’ve added character to my phone.

Even though I have confidence in its strength (and in myself that I won’t drop it anymore) I definitely plan on buying a case soon, since you never know what might happen.

Appearance

Before I purchased the phone, I was completely unsure of the size. I was fully content with the weight, size, and shape of my iPhone 4 and thought that I wouldn’t like the bigger size of the iPhone 6. However, my wariness dissipated immediately after holding my new phone for the first time. Its light weight completely counteracted the size and evened everything out. If the phone were any heavier it would have made the size really obvious and make it seem really bulky.

My only qualm about the size is that it’s difficult to reach my thumb up to the top and click something.  However, Apple obviously thought ahead and included a “reachability” feature so the screen slides down to allow easier access when the home button is tapped twice.  They seem to have everything covered.

Final Thoughts

Don’t get me wrong, I loved my iPhone 4. The key word, though, is “loved.” By the end of its service it was becoming as slow as syrup, and I was just holding myself back from screaming at it.  Of course, it wouldn’t have responded since it didn’t have Siri.  My mom ended my frustration by going with my sister and me to buy an iPhone 6 the day it came out.

Is it going too far in declaring that Siri is my new best friend? No worries, I’m only joking. Everyone knows that real best friends don’t divert you to the web when asked a question.  Nonetheless, Siri knows where I live, so she must at least be an acquaintance.

My advice for you: get the iPhone 6.  The thumbprint swipe login is too cool to pass up.

Elizabeth Driver is a Copy Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.