Men’s Volleyball

December 4, 2015

The men’s volleyball season did not go as well as the players had hoped. They finished with a record of 4-14 and did not make the playoffs. JV went 5-10.

“My favorite part of the season was seeing how far we came from the beginning of the season to the end of the season, and seeing the improvement of head coach Eric Moss,” junior libero Franklen Lockhart said.

However, despite the lack of success on the court, the season was positive behind the scenes. “For the most part of the season, the team atmosphere was very positive. There were only a couple people that would get down on themselves,” junior left back Garrett Hefner said.

The relationships between the members of the team also grew. ”I got along well with all of my teammates. There was very good companionship [between us],” Hefner said.

“My least favorite part of the whole season was playing with the seniors for the last time,” Lockhart said.

The seniors gained respect from the rest of the team. “[Senior] Drew Isennock was probably our best player. He is good all-around and our captain,” Hefner said.

While the team did not find success in MIAA conference games, they were successful against Harford County schools, beating C. Milton Wright 3 sets to 1, and Bel Air, winning 3 sets to none.

The team is expecting to grow in the years to come. “This season was a building year for the team. With our great new coach, we are confident to bring home a title within the next five years,” Isennock said.

Although this season did not live up to expectations, next year looks to be better with hopes of more success. “Next year looks promising. We have a lot of good JV players,” Hefner said.

Daniel Robinson is a Copy Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.