Emily Stancliff

Senior Julianna Richard recovers after diving for the ball in the senior game against Mount de Sales Academy on Oct. 21. The team finished the season with an overall record of 6-13.

Women’s Volleyball

The women’s varsity volleyball team finished their season with an in-conference record of 3-9 and an overall record of 6-13. The team made it into the playoffs but lost 3-0 against Notre Dame Prep.

Throughout the season the team experienced success with important aspects of the game. “Our main strengths were definitely blocking and serving,” senior varsity middle hitter Hana Patrick said.

After starting the season with a an undefeated record of 5-0, the team then dropped 13 of their next 15 games. “The beginning of the season we started out strong, but towards the end we had trouble keeping the momentum going,” Patrick said.

Despite the team’s losses, varsity head coach Greg Cullison felt that the team had solid technique. “We were a good blocking team, especially our middle blockers, [but] our biggest weakness was a lack of intensity.” Cullison said, “The important question to be answered is if people want to put in the effort to get better and compete on that level.”

Although the team will lose experience with the loss of their five current seniors, they plan to continue the hard work next year. Junior varsity libero Isabelle Marhoun believes, “next year we could improve as a team since there were many sophomores on the team and their talent will keep growing each year.”

Allie Taylor is a Perspectives Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.

The Patriot • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in