Kayla Kozak

Sophomore Caleb Atabong and Senior Cody Copinger tackle a Loyola Blakefield player. The varsity football team finished the season with a 6-4 record, which was a major improvement from last year’s record.

Football

This season, the football team ended with a 6-4 record in the MIAA B Conference, a major improvement from last year’s 1-9 record.

According to head coach Keith Rawlings, the senior leadership really helped the team to improve this year. “There was a great group of seniors who were great leaders. Our football family goes way further than a season, it lasts a lifetime,” Rawlings said.

The team worked hard prior to conference games with offseason practices and workouts. Sophomore Malik Scott believes that when the team returned this season, they came back as a noticeably stronger team.”We improved in every aspect of our game … having experienced varsity players return for another year and good leadership really helped us this season,” Scott said.

In addition, the team made some major strides this season. “If not for a couple of injuries, we could’ve been in the [championship.] We had great wins over rival Bel Air and beat [MIAA] A Conference Loyola, which were big wins for our program,” Rawlings said. They hope to have an even better season next year as Rawlings steps down and offensive line coach Ken Brinkman takes over.

Madison Dailey is a Community Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com.

The Patriot • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in