Identical Conits twins are a package deal

October 21, 2014

From birthdays to bathrooms, the Conits twins share everything. Freshmen Ariana and Dimitria are always, always together.

“[We] don’t really know anything else,” Dimitria said. From cheerleading during middle school to cross country in the fall of their freshman year, these girls like to do the same thing. They “like to work together” and compete with each other on “the littlest things,” Dimitria said.

“When we run at home, [Dimitria] will [continually] race me,” Ariana said.

Outside of sports, Dimitria and Ariana agree that the most annoying thing about being a twin is definitely sharing. Or people mixing them up. Or always being together.

“She’s just always there,” Dimitria said.

“It can be annoying to have a twin,” Ariana said. “You always have to share something.”

“[Or] people [do] not know who you are,” Dimitria said.

Additionally, their friends, teachers, and even parents mix them up. “It’s annoying because they are my parents,” Dimitria said.

However, their older sister Marina, class of ‘14, never mixes them up.

Ariana and Dimitria feel a bit closer with each other than their older sister. According to Ariana, they both think that they have an individual and “different, separate bond with Marina.”

By now, “I am so used to [when people mix us up],” Ariana said.

According to Dimitria, they “always base decisions off each other.” When Dimitria wanted to start running, Ariana reluctantly agreed because they always do everything together.

After high school, they both plan to either pursue law or interior design.

“I kind of want to be separated [for college],” Dimitria said.

“[Being separated] would be weird though,” Ariana said.

College would be a new experience if separated, considering they currently have all but two classes together and have always gone to school together.

For the most part, the twins have a similar personality. Although, Ariana thinks that Dimitria is “a bit bossier,” while Dimitria thinks that Ariana is a “little quieter.”

“[Dimitria] is cleaner and tidier,” Ariana said.

Besides slight differences, the twins know that they are almost identical in personality and style. “We share clothes … mainly clothes,” Ariana said.

“We have the same personality. We are the same at everything. We [even] have the same friends,” said Dimitria.

“We get the same grades. We usually study together,” Ariana said.

“We make flashcards [together],” Dimitria said.

They always know what the other twin is feeling, “all the time,” they said, at the same time.

“This one time we were both on our phones [separately] and we saw a picture and we both said the same thing at the same time. It happens a lot,” Ariana said. They finish each other’s sentences and always seem to laugh at the same thing.

Morgan Taylor is a Copy Editor for The Patriot and jcpatriot.com