• Lunch Break
    • Sunny Day Cafe
    • Fox and Fern Cafe
    • Vagabond Sandwich Company

Take a lunch break

The Patriot takes a look at local restaurants to see where you should stop on your next lunch break.

January 5, 2016

Sunny Day Cafe

The Sunny Day Cafe is located on Main Street in Bel Air, and is open every day from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., except Mondays. The Sunny Day Cafe has an inviting atmosphere to every customer.

Claire Grunewald

The warm, homey atmosphere of the Sunny Day Cafe welcomes every customer that enters its doors. The place is usually packed on the weekends or when it is nice out, and people have the option to sit at tables outside of the restaurant in the open air.

This restaurant is the perfect place to go to for breakfast or lunch. Its menu offers a wide variety of options from breakfast platters and crepes to Greek specialities, paninis, and salads. Service is efficient and friendly no matter how busy it is, and the food always comes out in a timely manner and is beautifully put together.

I got a turkey club panini with red peppers, swiss cheese, bacon, and onions on ciabatta bread. It was amazing! And to top it all off, prices are very reasonable. The bill for a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich and the panini together was only $14.

The Sunny Day Cafe is located on Main Street in Bel Air and is open every day from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m except Mondays. If you’re looking for a place to go for lunch to brighten your day, Sunny Day Cafe couldn’t be a better fit.

Fox and Fern Cafe

Fox and Fern Cafe is on Rock Spring Road in Forest Hill. The cafe has a chill vibe to it, and it is decorated warmly with wooden tables and orange and green walls.

Adriana Guidi

If you are in the mood for an amazing place for lunch or coffee, look no further. The Fox and Fern Cafe has all of your favorite lunch and coffee essentials. Between the variety of breakfast favorites, salads, sandwiches, pastries, and coffee, this cafe has something to please everyone.

The cafe has a chill vibe to it, and it is decorated very warmly with wooden tables and orange and green walls. The service is always amazing. They bring out your food in a timely manner, and the employees are extremely friendly.

I tried the steel-cut oatmeal. It was the perfect consistency. You were also able to customize it however you wanted with many choices for toppings. The cafe tends to lean on the pricier side, but it is nothing unreasonable.  

Fox and Fern Cafe is located on Rock Spring Road in Forest Hill and is open Monday through Friday from  8 a.m. to 7 a.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you are looking for an awesome place to chill out and relax, the Fox and Fern is the place to go.  

Vagabond Sandwich Company

The Vagabond Sandwich Company is located on Thomas Street in Bel Air. It offers a wide variety of salads, burgers, and sandwiches.

Claire Grunewald

Walking into a quiet, diner-like restaurant, your eyes are drawn the unique, amusing decorations covering every inch of the place. The Vagabond Sandwich Company has a casual yet fun atmosphere that wakes you up and calms you down at the same time.

The menu was long and varied, ranging from a normal grilled cheese sandwich to a PB&J and bacon burger. I bought the Baja Chicken Tortilla Wrap with avocado, bacon, lettuce, and ranch, and I loved every bite of it. Nothing on the menu is over $11, and you definitely get your money’s worth.

Vagabond Sandwich Company is located on Thomas Street in Bel Air and is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Mondays. If you’re looking for a carefree, work-friendly environment, Vagabond Sandwich Company is the perfect place to relax for a half hour or so in the middle of the day.