Spirit Week culminates with annual pep rally

Maddie Root, Editor-in-Chief

The 2022 JC pep rally was held in the Upper Gym on Friday, October 21, and students displayed their spirit and cheered on their classmates.

At the pep rally, students were decked out in their JC spirit wear for Black and Gold Day. Each grade level stood together in four different sections of the bleachers.

To kick the pep rally off, all varsity sports teams were introduced, and they ran a lap around the gym. The athletes then made their way to join their classmates in the stands.

Seniors Ryan Skandalis and Frank Adamski were the pep rally leaders, hyping up the crowd and announcing games and activities.

Sports teams competed against each other in friendly games.

Senior Cross Country Runner Andrew Brown said, “It was a really fun time. My team won the Hungry Hippos game which was super exciting.”

Teachers showed off their JC spirit at the pep rally as well. The field hockey team, football team, and a group of teachers all participated in a complicated relay race. The race involved spinning around a bat, throwing a football into a bucket, and working together to keep a balloon up in the air.

The cheerleading team performed a routine to a mash-up of songs and were joined by a few members of the boys soccer and football teams.

The 2022 pep rally brought back feelings of nostalgia for the seniors.

Senior Lauren Bullock said, “I loved that the pep rally was inside this year. It was really interactive. We haven’t had a normal pep rally since my freshman year, so it was great to have one during my last year at JC.”