Letter to the Editor: Student voices opinion on recent staff editorial

As one semester comes to a close, another one begins. A semester full of fun social events the stimulate school spirit and bring the school community together. The school paper loves to cover all of these things and even put their own opinion into the story. The most recent story that was published was about how students are “misusing” the student section. this caused quite the reaction by most of the student body, myself included. This newspaper and the people who run it push unity and want the John Carroll community to all be one big “family”. The school community is the most united at an athletic event, its where everyone focuses on being part of one big team, the John Carroll Patriots. No matter how many diversity and equality assemblies filled with leftist propaganda the administration forces on us.. it will never unite us like getting behind our home team. Even with all of the community finally coming together again after the dismissal of one of our JC brothers… The staff of this paper still criticizes us. The John Carroll student section has been proclaimed to be the greatest in high school sports, mostly for our fiery passion and of course our clever and witty chants. In the article put out by “the Patriot”, they knocked us for our “innapropriate” and “rude” chants such as sausage fest and other mature chants. In my opinion, that is outrages. we are 16,17,18, sometimes even 19 years old and if you cannot handle a sausage fest chant then you probably shouldn’t go out in public to often. High school sports are about having a blast and supporting the home team, we’re supposed to enjoy these years and live them to our fullest. This news organization claimed that the student section “singles students out” and how that is basically a mortal sin. Ironically enough, not even a week ago they ran a story about how my opinion was “hateful” and “sad”. they singled me out and tried to humiliate me. Thats why i believe this Newspaper has lost all credibility and has become borderline laughable. I hope the staff understands that they have done nothing besides poke a sleeping bear. The student section will be larger, louder, and way way way more rowdy after this article. Mess with the bull, Get the horns.

Ryan Muhlenfeld