‘Lady Bird’ portrays realistic life of a teenager

Aeowynn Ayers, Staff Writer

The movie “Lady Bird” is a coming-of-age movie that was released in 2017. The movie is about a girl named Christine who is trying to make her way through her senior year of high school.

Some big stars that are featured in this movie are Timothée Chalamet, who plays Kyle Scheible, and Saoirse Ronan, who plays Christine McPherson.
This movie takes place in Sacramento, California in 2002.
Christine attends a Catholic school. She tries to stand out by calling herself “Lady Bird.” She and her mother have a bad relationship and fight all the time. This is most likely because her parents don’t make a lot of money. Not only that, but they constantly stress about making ends meet as well.
Lady Bird expresses both the fact that she hates Sacramento and the fact that she wants to go to a college on the East Coast quite a lot. This causes her to get in a major fight with her mother because Lady Bird is coming off as ungrateful, according to her.
Christine struggles a lot with not being popular at school. Because her family isn’t very wealthy, she assumes that’s why she isn’t popular.
She lies about where she lives and about her family background to make friends.
Timothée Chalamet’s character Kyle plays an important role in this movie. Kyle makes Christine realize that not everything in life revolves around how much money you make or who you know and that you don’t need materialistic items to make you happy.
This movie does a good job of showing what going through high school really is like. Lady Bird goes through friend breakups and is faced with a lot of “adult” problems.
For example, Lady Bird is put in an awkward position when she goes to prom with her boyfriend and her popular friends. Her friends want to ditch prom, but Lady Bird doesn’t, so she stands up to them.
This is an accurate representation of what high school is actually like in comparison to the way some movies portray high school.
The acting and film production in this film are executed very well. They really help bring the main ideas across.
I would recommend this to anyone who likes coming-of-age films or films that can relate to their personal lives.
“Lady Bird” is available on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube.