Single or taken there are still ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year 

Sydney Miller, Sports Editor

Valentine’s Day is a day of love. Whether in a relationship or not, there are still ways to celebrate the holiday. Even during the pandemic there are still ways to see your significant other or take time for self-care. 

If you are in a relationship, there are ways to see your significant other even during a pandemic while still staying safe. For example, going over to someone’s house to do a movie marathon would be a good idea while keeping masks on and staying socially distant to keep each other safe. 

Other date ideas would be to go ice skating at an outdoor rink, such as the outdoor skating at the Avenue at White Marsh. Also, other date ideas would be to play board games, workout together at a gym (safely), get carryout from a restaurant together, or go on an outdoor walk.

Now if you aren’t in a relationship, that’s okay as well. There are still ways to celebrate the day of love. How would you do that? Celebrating self-love. The best type of love. Spend Valentine’s Day focusing on yourself and bettering yourself. Spend the day as a spa day to rejuvenate yourself. 

Having a self-care day would be great for anyone, especially students who are stressed with school and grades. 

Sophomore Ramona Lavarias said, “For Valentine’s Day I don’t have any plans, but I will probably just relax and take the time to take care of myself.” She said she will do this through “face masks and tea.”

Ramona added, “For the single ladies out there, take the time to love yourself. . . For the people in relationships, spend quality time together.” Relating to the pandemic she said, “Don’t do anything crazy, just see each other during the pandemic, because it means a lot. . .It’s the little things that matter.”           

Specifically, single people this Valentine’s Day can have themselves a “solo date” such as making hot chocolate and reading a book, going on a hike or a walk outside, or taking a virtual yoga class.