Halloween might be scarier than you thought: Are the ghosts real? Are the stories true?

Gabby Albright, Staff Writer

Halloween is a day that is usually associated with scary creatures or monsters, but do any of these actually exist?

I know that I am not the only one who thought monsters were real when I was younger.
These monsters included creatures ranging from zombies to werewolves. Although those probably aren’t real, a lot of people believe that spirits are real.
To give some context, Halloween started over 2,000 years ago during the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, where they believed the boundaries between the world of the dead and alive became blurred, and spirits were able to inhabit the Earth.
Were these Celtics onto something, or were they creating a holiday filled with fake spirits and hysteria?
A study done in 2018 from the Science News for Students showed that 58 percent of those polled agreed with the statement, “Places can be haunted by spirits.”
Also almost one in five people from the United States said in another survey, conducted by the Pew Research Center in Washington, D.C., that they’ve seen or been in the presence of a ghost.
Scientists have been trying to discover if ghosts are real for years although reliable research methods have not been able to prove that they are real.
There have been many explanations for what people go through if they feel they have seen or heard something paranormal.
For example, people could be having hallucinations or even sleep paralysis.
David Smailes, a psychologist in England at Northumbia University, believes that experiencing a hallucination and associating it with a loved one who died could just be grief and is easier to believe than your own brain lying to you through a hallucination.
Although this is a good point, I still believe that there may be some real ghosts.
There have been hundreds of accounts of possession and supernatural occurrences, dating back to thousands of years ago.
There are even more modern stories of doors being opened or closed, objects moving, or even feeling something touch you.
Some of these stories could just be fake, but I feel like there are a little too many for them all to be lies.
There is no definite proof of ghosts being real, but also there is no way to prove that a ghost isn’t real.
No scientific study has been able to prove or disprove their existence, so I believe ghosts are actually real.