‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before’ is perfect Valentine’s Day movie

Ella McGuire, Sports Editor

“It was fated that we should meet like this.”

Lara Jean Covey is a quiet junior in high school. She has a big secret, though. Whenever she has an intense crush on someone, she writes letters to the boys she loves.
When she wakes up one morning she sees that all of her letters are gone.
Lara Jean panics, but things worsen when she sees her former crush Peter Kavinsky walking towards her and holding his letter.
That’s not all.
Before Lara Jean can escape, she sees her current crush, Josh Sanderson, approaching her with his letter. Things with Josh are complicated. He and her older sister Margot used to date.
Lara Jean decides to throw Josh off by kissing Peter, and then she runs away.
After another boy receives her letters, Lara Jean comes to the realization that her letters have somehow been mailed out.
Before Lara Jean knows it, she runs into a very confused Peter. She explains that the kiss was just to sidetrack Josh; she doesn’t really have any feelings for Peter anymore.
Peter then proposes an idea to Lara Jean. He wants to make his ex-girlfriend, Gen, jealous. He proposes that they fake date.
This goes on for a few months, but then they both realize that they have true feelings for each other.
Do they admit their feelings? Or is past rivalry keeping them from confessing how they feel?
I loved this movie. It was full of comedy, romance, and old rivalry. Lara Jean Covey is such a relatable character, and she really shows what it’s like to be a teenage girl in a typical high school.
The public had a great reaction to this movie. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before has been rated 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before has two sequels: To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You and To All the Boys: Forever and Ever.
All three of the movies are amazing, but To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and To All the Boys: Forever and Ever are my favorites.
Nonetheless, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is a great Valentine’s Day movie, whether you are watching it with your significant other, your closest friends, or by yourself. You can watch all the movies on Netflix.