Do teens still trick or treat?

Lucas Lakatta, Staff Writer

Many John Carroll students say they do not participate in trick-or-treating anymore. They have decided to spend their Halloween giving out candy to younger trick-or-treaters and hanging out with friends.

Junior Austin Hoffman and sophomore Olivia Ayd both agree that they are “too old” to trick-or-treat. They feel as if the maximum age for trick-or-treating should be 14 or 15.
Some people also do not trick-or-treat anymore because their friends do not do it anymore.

“None of my friends do it anymore, so I have no one to go with,” said sophomore Sophia Moskunas. Sophia also said she believes “no one older than the age of 16 should go trick-or-treating.”

However, some students enjoy the tradition of trick-or-treating due to the candy. Junior Gavin Anderson commented, “I like to eat chocolate.”

However, for some people, trick-or-treating isn’t just about candy. Freshman Cole Johnson said, “It brings back memories of being a child.”

For the many people who do not participate in trick-or-treating, they do not judge others if they still decide to. Junior Christian Fronek said, “I enjoy giving out treats.” Regarding if he judges people if they still decide to trick-or-treat in high school, he replied with, “No, I love Halloween.”

In the long run, people of all ages at John Carroll like to participate in trick-or-treating or at least help play a role in it by giving out candy to younger kids. Halloween is a time to have fun and surround yourself with people you like.