WEC plans a Woman’s Drive for March

Annabel Everett, Staff Writer

Anna’s House, a charity and homeless shelter located in Bel Air, Maryland, is devoted to assisting women and children in need. The Women’s Empowerment Club at John Carroll is partnering with Anna’s House and will hold a drive at the end of March for the shelter.

The drive will take place at John Carroll, and the list of acceptable items to donate will include shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste, diapers, makeup, hand or body lotion, Chapstick, hair brushes, socks, and underwear.
The Women’s Empowerment Club wishes to make a positive impact on women, and the leaders of the club decided to do a drive because it would fulfill this purpose.
Club Co-Founder Meghan Kerr said, “We chose to do a drive because we wanted to help give women who are struggling the tools they need to feel comfortable. There are countless women in shelters, and if we can make even a small difference by donating a box of diapers or tampons, we will be overjoyed.”
Meghan added, “We want to collect items and give women in shelters a more comfortable life and make them feel clean and happy.”
Moderator Kenneth Goedeke explained, “This drive will not only provide essential products for women, but it will also raise awareness in our community of existing inequalities between men and women.”
Junior Mandy Schall said, “I think having a women’s drive is a great idea. I think that if we spread the word enough and tell people the importance of the drive, students will participate in it.”
Junior Grace Welzenbach commented, “I’m very excited for the drive. I think that it’s a great idea, and I think John Carroll can do a really good job supporting this cause.”