Fall Fun Nights bring community together

Hawaiian, Neon, and Sports Jersey themes have led the premiere year

Madison Elliott, News Editor

The first Friday Fall Fun Night event occurred on September 2 as an SGA Back to School Party with a Hawaiian theme for the boys varsity soccer game.

At this game, members of the SGA passed out leis for those in attendance as they entered.

Since the initial Friday Fall Fun Night, two other theme nights have been held: Neon Night on September 9 and Sports Jersey Night on September 16 during the varsity football games. The Pink Out will occur at the football game next Friday with the annual Homecoming Game, a staple for the Black and Gold, occurring on October 21.

This concept was new this school year with a vision of community and fun for JC students, their families and alumni.

“This gives students and the community an exciting family-oriented event to have fun and be proud of,” said Principal Carl Patton.

These events also include food trucks such as Crossroads, Stanley’s and Kona Ice, photo opportunities, encouragement for families to join, music, and games.

Games are free to any JC student with their JC ID, and family members have a fee of $6 for admissions.

Assistant Principal Jake Hollin has been a key player in bringing these nights into existence for JC alongside fellow members of the administration.

Mr. Hollin said, “It’s been a great opportunity for the students to be together and celebrate being a Patriot.”

These events so far have been highly successful with participation from students at various fall sports games this year.

“The student section has been so energetic and supportive on those nights,” said senior Brennan Rumsey.

In regard to the success, junior Brianna Hinkleman said, “In the student section, everyone is very close to one another and can barely move.”
Students have felt great about the success of these events around the school. Dr. Patton said this event has “outpaced what he anticipated for the first week.”

One of the bonus factors to these events is that they are not strictly for the varsity football games; other fall sports are highlighted like the varsity soccer game being the first to be featured at one of these events. Field hockey and volleyball are other examples.

As for the future, Mr. Hollin said, “One of things that we’re hoping to do is sell John Carroll spirit wear there because I think it would be nice for prospective students or grandparents or even anybody.”